Come one come all to RAPTOR’s Smart Urban Systems Workshop!
RAPTOR is hosting another workshop on Smart Urban Systems on Thursday October 11th from 10:30am to 12:00pm (BST). For your free tickets and location details, please visit the EventBrite link here: http://raptormanchester.eventbrite.co.uk/
What is the RAPTOR project?
The RAPTOR Project aims to support digital SMEs and technology Start-Ups in the development of real-time smart urban applications on a secure platform. It is part of the Greenwich Peninsula’s living lab, encompassing an Urban Operating System and Enterprise Centre to create new value chains from government, industry and start-ups to citizens.
RAPTOR is addressing the challenges associated with Start-Up involvement in open innovation by providing an open digital platform with a shared technical development environment to enable integration of applications and produce prototype commercial offerings in market sectors of retail, transport and the built environment.
SMEs across the UK are invited to participate in the project to create new apps, services and businesses built upon the source data and in response to specific challenges identified by partners in retail, transport and building systems. A Small Grants Programme is available to support the development of applications with up to £7,000 available as well as non-cash support from partners including:
· Mentoring by RAPTOR partners and project stakeholders
· Access to Cloud Test/Dev Environment for the period of the award
· Access to Greenwich site and facilities for the period of the award
· Use of state-of-the-art collaboration technology suites
· Inclusion in National Virtual Incubators events and training
· Coding /debug support
· Marketing and Introduction to relevant stakeholders
For further project information please visit - www.RAPTORSME.com
10.30 – Registration and networking
10.45 – Introduction
10.50 – “Smart Cities” – Market Opportunity and TSB Call
· “Creating Digital Value Chains in Smart Urban Environments
· Retail, Transport & Urban Environments
11.00 – Platform Infrastructure
11.40 – Start Up Small Grants Process
11.50 – Q&A